RE: Transputer Development System, 2006? (aka Sony PS/3 runs multi-core Linux)

> "As a consequence, this kind of programming does not hit a
> complexity WALL."..
>
> WHAT kind of programming?...
>
> A.L.

Real component programming - programming in which each hardware or
software component has an independent existence and interacts with the
others with no side effects. This includes old-fashioned Transputer occam,
especially as practiced upon TRAMs and using processes, not drivers, to
manage peripherals. Everybody who worked with this in, say, automotive
radar and autonomous driving applications back in the 1990s used this fact
freely, easily doing what the bigdomed computer science authorities have
since declared to be impossible, namely, the reliable programming of
systems of open-ended complexity.

Larry Dickson