RE: Transputer Development System, 2006? (aka Sony PS/3 runs multi-core Linux)

> Barry wrote:
>> I'm still trying to find the compelling reason that will convince the
> world
>> to jump to parallel software

I've got to try to do this for DARPA... My thoughts thus far:

Transparency (not hiding the most important part of the design, like
interrupts and peripherals, in "drivers" just because they involve real
parallel hardware and function);

Real components (things that you can hook together and get genuinely
predictable behavior that is the join of the behavior of the parts -- I do
NOT mean the things OO laughably calls "components", but real pieces as
found in an automobile);

As a consequence, this kind of programming does not hit a complexity WALL.
If done wrong, of course, it worsens the complexity wall -- which is why
it has the reputation it has.

Larry Dickson