Re: CPA: Where to publish?

> ...and we still need a book. I'm willing to contribute two chapters,
> garnered and adapted from my 1995 one. Any more volunteers?

I'll be glad to help - since I should be on sabbatical starting
January 2003 (more or less).  I did have an outline of a book once -
I'll see if I can find it.

A book that a faculty member could pick up and teach from immediately
would be nice - sufficient theory background, solid practical background,
great examples, a CD with running examples in Java & C/C++ and corresponding
CSP descriptions, a version of FDR that will run under Windows and handle
any problem up to a certain size. At least one industrial-strength example
should be included.

This book could include sound CSP-based solutions of problems that are
considered very hard (or not solved) from other books...

Other venues with large audiences:

1. We get 60 - 70 people in our Java in Education sessions at
the June PDPTA meetings in Las Vegas.

2. The Association for Engineering Education has some huge annual
meetings - Frontiers in Education (which sounds like a natural for
this), and the general meeting. Check out
http://www.asee.org/conferences/default.cfm

Their pubs are at
http://www.asee.org/publications/default.cfm

3. IEEE Computer Society has conferences on software engineering
   education and training.
   There is also the Information Technology Professional magazine.

   Check http://www.computer.org/SEweb/

   Annual conferences on software engineeering itself.

4. At a more general level, the IEEE has its Transactions on
Education.

I think someone already covered ACM meetings & pubs?

Dyke.

Dyke Stiles
Professor
Electrical and Computer Engineering