Re: Unclocked logic / delay insensitive circuits

Marcel,

> Unclocked logic can easily be implemented in a CSP-based approach.)
>
> Question: Barry, do you think you can implement it on an FPGA, or does
>     that thing require the clock to be toggled regularly?
>     (I would guess there is some kind of clocking requirement)

Yes.  You just ignore the clocked elements and use the combinatorial logic
(with a little care to avoid glitches). It is rather a waste of the silicon
area used for clocked latches - so it will be even more expensive to do
unclocked than clocked until new devices are available :-(

Roger Peel (Surrey university) had a student researching asynchronous logic,
maybe he can add something here ...

	Barry.

--
| Barry M Cook, BSc, PhD, CEng, MBCS                                         |