Demonstration application

Dear all,

I'll soon have a student doing an assignment for me at TASS. I want him to do
a Java application with one of the Channel implementations. This to show other
people how easy it is to write multi-threading applications when you use the
proper approach.

I would like the list's input on a killer application for this. Something more exciting
then Dining Philosophers or Cruise Controls. I want an application that will inpire
people not only its design, but also by its 'looks'. Personally I was thinking along
the lines of a multi-media ICQ application (be it a small one), or a videophone or
a network monitoring system.

Does anybody have any crazy ideas?

Cheers,

Johan

Dr. Ir. J.P.E. Sunter
Philips TASS
Building HCZ-1
PO. Box 218 / 5600 MD Eindhoven / The Netherlands
Tel. +31-40-2755288 / Fax. +31-40-2755419 / E-mail: johan.sunter@xxxxxxxxxxx

"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success."
James Bond, "Tomorrow Never Dies"