RE: Demonstration application

-----Original Message-----
From: johan.sunter@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:johan.sunter@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 12:45 PM
To: java-threads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Demonstration application

Dear all,

I'll soon have a student doing an assignment for me at TASS. I want him to
do
a Java application with one of the Channel implementations. This to show
other
people how easy it is to write multi-threading applications when you use the
proper approach.

I would like the list's input on a killer application for this. Something
more exciting
then Dining Philosophers or Cruise Controls. I want an application that will
inpire
people not only its design, but also by its 'looks'. Personally I was
thinking along
the lines of a multi-media ICQ application (be it a small one), or a
videophone or
a network monitoring system.

Does anybody have any crazy ideas?

The multi-media ICQ and videophone could be combined in one thing as an
internet MCU/conference controller (don't know if there are any products out
there yet......... it's a while since I checked). Could also look at GPRS
(??) or CDMA because that's sexy at the moment.

There's a whole bunch of ITU standards that probably branch off from H.323.
Radvision are a major player, Motion Media are in the area.

Stephen