Java Jigsaw

From: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jigsaw/goals-reqs/03
  • Refactoring — It must be possible to refactor the set of JDK modules over time, by splitting a module into smaller modules or merging an existing set of modules into a single module, without having to modify any external component that makes use of the original modules.

Which looks encouraging - but I didn't spot any indication of how data is passed between modules (of course, I'm hoping to see something like CSP message-passing).

Does anyone know more about this (I've just seen a headline and the above reference)?

    Barry.