Re: Occam-Tau anyone???

Dear all,

I would like to see an Occam-like language agreed, defined,
implemented and promoted in an open process.

I'm not interested in discussions about how to represent
priority. There were several very good reasons why this was
relegated to the 'configuration' section of the original language
specification. In the meantime, nothing has changed.

The occam-pi language is an over-extended version of occam
with no formal specification. Some of the novel features have no
efficient implementation in message-passing distributed memory
machines.

So my suggestion is that we start form occam2, and look at what
we need to add from occam3 and occam-pi. What is essential?

I've been working on language issues for quite a while now -
mainly looking at how we can really get value out of thousands
of processors.

Not sure how best to do this but I'd like to see it happen. I'd be
happy to host a meeting.

Best wishes

David