Occam-Tau anyone???

Hi all,

I started the original discussion following Peter's 'Occam Obviously' presentation, but sadly the language discussion petered out, lapsing into aÂfascinating but many-year-long rehearsed discussions on priority.

My original hope was to seek an answer to this question: if the answer is Occam (obviously or otherwise), what will it take to make Occam generally usable? ÂIn its present form it is not so.

Then there's the question of aspiration versus practicalities. ÂThe first suggestion I made was for packages to be added to Occam-pi and I put it first deliberately. ÂNot a new suggestion, this; in fact Occam3 had 'modules' way back in 19xx (choose your own xx). ÂI don't really care for the details of the implementation, I'm much more concerned that Occam-pi/-tau should belong to a busy community, inspired by (a) clarity of thinking and (b) a need to make things happen.

If this is wishful thinking, then alas Occam is not obviously going ever to be more than a teaching tool.

So, what next?

Rick