Re: Occam-Tau - the natural successor to Occam-Pi - or is there one already?

Dear all,

I've just noticed this email trail. It reminded me to post a keynote presentation
I gave recently - it's here:

  http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~dave/multi2012.pdf

It was given at a "Multicore Challenge" conference in Bristol last Monday.

Unfortunately they lost the recording so you have to guess what I said!

The main thing I've realised over the last year or two is that if you want to
write efficient programs for huge numbers of cores, you have to think about
the pattern(s) of communication. And of course, the language(s) have to be
able to express them clearly; the compilers have to be able to analyse
and optimise them; the architectures have to be designed to support them.

David