RE: Massively parallel FPGA systems

Roger

> I'm still working on a compiler that takes Occam/CSP and
> targets FPGAs,
> with the specification and implementation of transputer-like CPUs as
> one major goal, so I would be interested in your applications of a
> multi-processor FPGA.  Interestingly, the internals of a CPU appear
> quite difficult to specify efficiently in a CSP-like
> language, and also
> quite difficult to implement in FPGA [think "shared data bus" in both
> cases].

At least for the implementation of CPUs on FPGAs, there are folks
who do it.  In fact there are mail-list devoted solely to the topic.
See http://www.fpgacpu.org/

Now, as for shared busses in CSP, I can see why they may make it hard
for theorem proving tools.  Is that what you mean? I'm not seeing why
they're inherently difficult to specify (implement).  Could you enlighten
me?
-jc