Re: son of occam (was: Re: JCSP, CSP Networking, and other some other points)

Hi,

Ian East wrote:
> > I'm going to trail off this thread and change its name because I'm
> > changing the subject a bit. Everybody seems to agree that occam is
> > "dead" but is still the best way to do things, which is of course
> > ironic. I have long wanted to move it in a more practical direction
>
> ... <snip>
>
> First, I don't see why anyone should believe occam is dead, unless
> (unbeknownst to me) the Kent folk have ceased support of occam-pi.

We haven't!  ;)

To see some life, you could look at the CoSMoS demo pages:

  http://www.cosmos-research.org/demos

all of which are programmed in occam-pi.  This is a *funded* project
(almost 1.5M GBP), starting nearly two years ago and continuing
through March, 2012.  occam-pi is flying, :).

We're also maintaining:

  http://pop-users.org/wiki/occam-pi            (general start page)

  http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/ofa/kroc/
  http://transterpreter.org/

  http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/ofa/sei-cmu/     (the course)

  https://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/research/groups/sys/wiki/OccamPiReference
  https://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/research/groups/sys/wiki/OccamPiStyleGuide
  https://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/research/groups/sys/wiki/OccamDoc
  https://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/research/groups/sys/wiki/OEP
  https://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/research/groups/sys/wiki/KrocInternals
  https://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/research/groups/sys/wiki/OccBuild

  http://occam-pi.org/occamdoc/frames.html
  http://frmb.org/occ21-extensions.html

  http://projects.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/kroc/trac/wiki/Installation

  (open sources - svn repository)

  https://projects.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/kroc/trac/
  https://projects.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/transterpreter/trac/
  https://projects.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/tock/trac/
  https://projects.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/nocc/trac/

And there will be quite a few developments reported at CPA 2009:

  http://www.wotug.org/cpa2009/

See you all there ... registration is now open, :) ...

Cheers,

Peter.