Re: Browser client side scripts

If I understand your needs - then www.jiki.org might be what your after
(open source servlet java wiki system)

Øyvind Teig wrote:

>    I need to make a small application which should open
>    a file for r/w, display it, and a few buttons to
>    manipulate with file contents: a log file handler
>    where the user is allowed to do only minimum.
>
>    For egoistic reasons (=I want to do something new)
>    I don't want to make an exe file, but to handle that
>    functionality through a browser. Does anyone have
>    have this overview, to help me select something:
>
>                 Client side   Local file R/W
>    Java applet  Yes           ?
>    ASP          ?             ?
>    JavaScript   ?             ?
>    PHP          ?             ?
>    Python       ?             ?
>    .NET         ?             ?
>    Other?       ?             ?
>
>    Any preferences?
>    I don't think I want CGI commands for this.
>    And I don't think I want to run a local server either.
>    Any other questions I should have asked?
>
> / Øyvind Teig
> \ Kongsberg Maritime Ship Systems, Ship Control (KMSS-SC)
> / 7005 Trondheim Norway - Tel: 47 73581268
> \ If work from home - Tel: 47 73525684
> \ http://www.kongsberg.com/eng/KM/ - Company
> / http://home.no.net/oyvteig/ - Private

 Professor Paddy Nixon          Tel:   +44-141-548-3588 (My Office)
 Computer and Information Sciences
 The University of Strathclyde  Fax:   +44-141-552-5330
 Livingstone Tower              Email: paddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 26 Richmond Street             WEB:   www.cis.strath.ac.uk
 Glasgow G1 1XQ, Scotland       WEB:   www.disappearing-computer.net