RE: A "CJT" in python

Oh well - the JVM really _isn't_ the ideal target for other languages - a
real missed opportunity for Sun in my opinion.

> I have no idea whether the stackless version will make CSP more
> important for Python or not - I have no experience of langauges with
> continuations (the only one I can think of is Scheme).

It would appear that the addition of continuations to the language would
make it quite possible to implement a very efficient CSP kernel as an add-on
package to Python.  Having knocked out CSP kernels for C, Java and occam, I
can say that being able to add CSP functionality to a language without
having to delve into its innards would be quite refreshing.  Continuations
look horrible as a general purpose programming tool, but they might have
their uses for the likes of us.

They already have a lightweight threads package based on this stuff
(http://world.std.com/~wware/uthread.html).  I think these guys might be
quite receptive to our ideas - the package provides `queues' (buffered
channels a-like) and semaphores (oh well).