RE: A "CJT" in python

Python can compile to Java bytecode (well, JPython can at any rate) and as
it uses the same object model as Java, it should be able to use JCSP and CTJ
straight away (it can access Java classes as if they were Python classes).
Obviously the native version of Python would need something a little
different, but it wouldn't require the class structures to be changed
(unless that were to be abandonned in favor of a proper language binding -
yes please).

Python might be quite popular with some of the occam community - blocks are
delimited with indentation rather than braces.  It's actually a rather nice
little language too.

On a similar note: I think it would be really good to get CSP into some
scripting languages (Python, Perl, TCL etc).  They tend to much more open to
additions to the language than most compiled languages (this is both a
strength and a weakness...  Perl has a keyword for _everything_).  It's also
more likely that additions will stick.

Jim
--
Jim Moores, Quickstone Systems, UK.