Quixotic thought #57: Software salvation via JCSP

Hi,

FWIW, I too agree with Andrew and Marcel, but suggest that the success of
the Apache Web server (and some - but not all - of the explanation for it
implied by Eric Raymond's account of open source development) indicates
the possibility of persuasion by developing the kind of "product" for
which there is already widespread interest. Someone already mentioned
Quantel: my speculation (again) is that a webserver shown to be
deadlock/livelock-free on empirical and mathematical grounds would
attract more interest and lead to diffusion of CSP-inspired design
doctrine and JCSP-based design methodology. The members of this group
could accomplish such a task, though it might require a more
collectivistic orientation than many are used to, or comfortable with.

Roy

--
Roy Wilson
E-mail: designrw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx