CSP, usability, profit, Java, etc.

Title: CSP, usability, profit, Java, etc.

Hi,

Marcel's distinctions concerning academics, industrialists, etc. are more precise than I've seen before. There is, of course, a whole tradition of research in the history/sociology of science/technology to look at too, much of it done on your side of the Atlantic.

I've spent less time in industry and academia than those who regularly reside in one or the other, but have probably spent more time in both than a lot of people, so I'm in a kind of non-person's land (huh?). Maybe that's what leads me to suggest that JCSP may be a cure for much of what ails Java-based development (of which there's plenty!). It does not impose unreasonable/infeasible demands upon a legion of otherwise "inadequately trained programmers" (according to someone who has worried about Java threads and whose name escapes me).

I think JCSP presents an opportunity to both solve a number of software development problems and make money in the process (a nice conjunction as noted by Oyvind in his CPA2000 presentation). Since I don't have the money to put my thesis to the test, I wonder if others have thought about JCSP in such crass/practical/humanitarian terms.

--

Roy Wilson
(E-mail) designrw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx