Re: Java Tip 68: Learn how to implement the Command pattern in Java - JavaWorld - February 1999

Hi Peter,

> > There is also the issue that switch statements are inherently not
> > extensible, at least not in the manner that sub-classing is considered
> > to be.
>
> True.  But, then, I've not found sub-classing to be a particularly
> useful mechanism for extending (i.e. re-using) code.  At least, not
> when the examples start to get non-trivial.

The rest of the world seems to disagree.
So do I.
But, admitted, the mechanism is useful when the software engineering is
done with extenisibility in mind.

Groeten,

Rick van Rein,
	Spiritus flexibilis in corpore flexibile
--
Universiteit Twente * INF-3027 * Postbus 217 * 7500 AE Enschede * 053-4894291