Re: Occam Programming

Farah Lakhani<fnl1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> can any one guide me about is there any editor for fedora which
> takes care of indentation itself or auto indent

Any decent editor will follow indentation these days, but you may have
to enable it. Make sure it's using soft tabs set to two spaces. For
editing occam source files, you will certainly want syntax
highlighting for occam, and you will find support for folding very
useful.

Most of us at Kent use VIM, which comes with occam-pi syntax
highlighting as standard, and can be given a variety of occam-friendly
features using Mario Schweigler's Kent VIM Extensions:
  http://www.informatico.de/kent-vim-ext/

If you don't want to use the full KVE for some reason, here's a very
simple .vimrc that sets it up for editing occam files automatically:
  http://offog.org/stuff/vimrc-occam

If you haven't used a vi-style editor before, you may find it useful
to start with Cream, which is a configuration for VIM that gives it
Windows-style behaviour.

Other editors can work with occam too. There is an old occam mode for
Emacs, although I don't think anybody's maintaining it any more. JEdit
works well; we've used it with the Transterpreter for
teaching. There's even an occam syntax highlighting setup for nano...

--
Adam Sampson                                         <http://offog.org/>