JMLC 2006, Oxford

FYI

Think this one very relevant to our cause, and plan to submit something.

JMLC2006 – Joint Modular Languages Conference 2006
12-15th September 2006; Jesus College, Oxford, England

http://cms.brookes.ac.uk/computing/JMLC2006/

Preliminary Call for Papers

JMLC2006 will be the seventh conference in a successful series, with past events held 1987 in Bled, Slovenia; 1990 in Loughborough, Great Britain; 1994 in Ulm, Germany; 1997 in Linz, Austria; 2000 in Zürich, Switzerland; and 2003 in Klagenfurt, Austria.
The mission of the Joint Modular Languages Conference, JMLC is to explore the concepts of well-structured programming languages and software, and those of teaching good design and programming style. We are especially interested in the construction of large and distributed software systems. We also invite papers on software engineering aspects in new and dynamic application areas. We also organize a vendors’ session and industrial demonstrations.

Topics for technical papers include, but are not restricted to:
*    programming language design and implementation
*    modular software architectures
*    component-based software architectures
*    service-oriented architectures
*    software tools and environments
*    software quality and testing
*    formal methods in modular and composable software development
*    modularity and composability in parallel and distributed systems
*    modularity and composability in safety-critical and real-time systems
*    software engineering education
*    case studies aligning with any of the above

We expect to publish the conference proceedings as a Springer LNCS volume. Submissions should be formatted to follow LNCS guidelines
http://www.springer.com/sgw/cda/frontpage/0,11855,5-164-2-72376-0,00.html
not to exceed 20 pages in that format.

Submissions should be sent electronically in PDF format to David Lightfoot (DLightfoot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx). All submissions will be fully peer reviewed. For every accepted paper, one author is expected to register and present the work at the conference.

Deadline for submissions: 3rd March 2006
Notification of authors: 19th May 2006
Final copies of accepted papers: 16th June 2006

Steering Committee
László Böszörményi; U Klagenfurt, Austria
Michael Franz; UC Irvine, USA
Jürg Gutknecht; ETH Zürich, Switzerland
David Lightfoot, Oxford Brookes, England
Hanspeter Mössenböck; U Linz, Austria
Clemens Szyperski, Microsoft, USA
Niklaus Wirth, ETH Zürich emeritus, Switzerland

Programme Co-Chairs
David Lightfoot; Oxford Brookes, England
Clemens Szyperski; Microsoft, USA

Programme Committee
Jonathan Aldrich; CMU, USA
Pierre America; Philips Research, Netherlands
Uwe Assmann; TU Dresden, Germany
Nick Benton; Microsoft Research Cambridge, UK
László Böszörményi; U Klagenfurt, Austria
Gilad Bracha; Sun Java Software, USA
Michael E. Caspersen; Aarhus U, Denmark
Craig Chambers; U Washington, USA
K. John Gough; Queensland UT, Australia
Dominik Gruntz; Fachhochschule Aargau, Switzerland
Jürg Gutknecht; ETH Zürich, Switzerland
Thomas Henzinger; EPF Lausanne, Switzerland
Nigel Horspool; U Victoria, Canada
Zoltán Horváth; Budapest U (ELTE), Hungary
Mehdi Jazayeri; TU Vienna, Austria
Helmut Ketz; Fachhochschule Reutlingen, Germany
Brian Kirk; Robinson Associates, UK
Christoph Kirsch; U Salzburg, Austria
Jens Knoop; TU Vienna, Austria
Kai Koskimies; TU Tampere, Finland
Ole Lehrmann Madsen; Aarhus U, Denmark
Liu Ling; U Shanghai, China
Jochen Ludewig; U Stuttgart, Germany
Jan Madey; U Warsaw, Poland
Roland Mittermeir; U Klagenfurt, Austria
Hanspeter Mössenböck; U Linz, Austria
Pieter Muller; Esmertec, Switzerland
Judit Nyeky; Budapest U (ELTE), Hungary
Martin Odersky; EPF Lausanne, Switzerland
Jens Palsberg; Purdue U, USA
Frank Peschel-Gallee; Microsoft, USA
Gustav Pomberger; U Linz, Austria
Wolfgang Pree; U Salzburg, Austria
Paul Reed; Padded Cell Software, UK
Paul Roe; Queensland UT, Australia
Markus Schordan; TU Vienna, Austria
Brian Shearing; The Software Factory, UK
Pat Terry; Rhodes U, South Africa
Fyodor Tkachov; Institute for Nuclear Research (RAS), Russia
Wolfgang Weck; Independent Software Architect, Switzerland
Mark Woodman; Middlesex U, UK