C. A. R. Hoares influence at MS-Research?

Hello List,

I sent the information below to the java-threads list earlier today (I was not
subscribed to the occam-com list earlier), but I guess most people that are
interested in this, may be on the occam-com list. So I chose to send it here
also. To those who are receiving this information twice, I apologise for the
trouble.

I just came across an interesting report from Microsoft Research about their
OS: Singularity.

ftp://ftp.research.microsoft.com/pub/tr/TR-2005-135.pdf

http://research.microsoft.com/os/singularity/

Cheers
Bernhard Sputh