csp as database query language

Dear All

The mindset of most people using CSP (or manifestations
of it like OCCAM) is to write programs to *make* something
happen.  I've been thinking the last few days that there
might be a useful alternative interpretation.

It seems to me that you could write a CSP description of
a *hypothetical* process that might be at work in a large
data base.  You could do a probablistic analysis to see
how many matches you'd expect in a random system, and
test the csp with the real system to see actual matches.

Thoughts anyone?
-jc