PRI PAR and PAR PRI in hardware

I have just been to an Atmel FPSLIC seminar. For those who don't know,
that is a microcontroller + fpga + SRAM on a single chip.

One thing caught my eye: "Enable hardware context switching".

That turned out to mean only that there is support for the
microcontroller to partially reconfigure the FPGA on the fly. But since
it does it at only 32 bits (1 word) per cycle, "fly" doesn't seem very
appropriate.

No exactly new to this community, but it was interesting to see it
called "context switching". And indeed it might be an application for
PAR PRI / PRI PAR in hardware.

Adrian
--
Dr A E Lawrence