Re: pi-calculus

Rick,

> Could someone briefly summarise what pi-calculus is please?

Not properly - but the summary I have (I hope it's right) is that it is CSP
plus channels that can be passed around on channels, hence the end-points of
communications can be moved (in a controlled way). It is of particular
interest to the mobile computing gropups, e.g. David May at Bristol who has
a new language based on it. It is also a great way to provide low-overhead
servers, just pass the channel to the client, no need to collect and forward
data.

       Barry.
--
| Barry M Cook, BSc, PhD, CEng, MBCS                                         |