Re: New Book: CONCURRENCY

Ian Robert East wrote:
> Somewhere (don't press me for reference) I have seen
> published surveys that support the claim of little tangible benefit.

Does OO Sync with How We Think?
Les Hatton, IEEE Software May/June 1998

Judith Bishop wrote:
> This year we used the analyser and animator tool, LTSA from day
> one, and Wow, what a difference.

In that context, I'm a student as well, after 24 years in the
business. Occam, written with a folding editor is semi-graphical!
The LTSA analyzer is what I've been waiting for for 8 1/2 years!
(Not any high-end expensive tool.) Or at least what this community
have been telling me I should wait for.. But why did I have to
input FSP to it? What's wrong with occam? (WHILE loops? Variables?)

Someone in this community was working an an occam->SMV compiler,
I think. How did it go?

WHY CAN'T I INPUT IN OCCAM?
It MUST be better to model check and code in the same language, eh?

--

| Oyvind Teig                           | oyvind.teig@xxxxxxxxxxxx |