Toy languages

Toy languages:-

While it seems to have spawned some interesting mail, I don't think
occam was anywhere in Lamport's mind when he used that phrase..
Unfortunately. He did have a dig at functional programming, although I
thought rather unfairly, picking on the IO chestnut. His target was more
about the need for "pseudo-code" to reason about algorithms.
And how predicate calculus|logic was far better.  In fact
when I read the introduction again, it was simply a restatement of the
sort of thing Tony Hoare said more than 25 years earlier. It is amazing
that it can be repeated in an ACM journal as if it was something
revolutionary..  :-(

Adrian
--
Adrian Lawrence.