Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 12:11 PM
Subject: RE: Intel: timely article

Just to add another article to the argument, anyone with access to IEEE Computer should take a look at âThe Problem with Threadsâ in the May 2006 issue (pages 33-42).  Here is someone outside the community (as far as I can tell) developing a framework that uses âCSP-like concurrencyâ.  They even mention the occam word, but have no references to anything done at CPA!  I would say that we are doing what the industry wants; just no one knows weâre doing it.  Getting under an IEEE or ACM umbrella may not be appealing to all, but getting into the major search databases is.

The name of the framework designed is Ptolemy II and can be found at http://ptolemy.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/

Kevin Chalmers

Research Student

Napier University