JCSP and realtime java processors.

Hi All,

I have been scanning this list for about a year now and have contacts with some other readers personally as well. I must say that i have not actively been interacting with the list, but reading of this list is quite helpfull and interesting, and we will hopefully attend the next meating of WOTUG in the UK. Could anyone tell me when this is?

The reason of this email is the following:

We have been developing realtime java hardware products based on the aJile java processor for embedded systems. During this process i have been getting quite fond of the architecture proposed by JCSP so we build our own subset over the last 3 years. The reason being that we wanted to be portable both on the PC with the full Java API, as well as on the microprocessor which supports only cldc and has limited memory capabilities. At this moment we have a limited version of our JCSP library which is running both on the PC as well as on the aJile java processor. We have build a HTTP and FTP server based on the limited version and the same code runs on both the PC as well as the aJile.

Now we have been given the oppurtunity to be a speaker on the Joint BOF sessions at the JavaOne 2002 in San Fransisco, and i would like to present some slides on the JCSP programming paradigm. I would like to present the benefits of JCSP in multithreaded environments, with respect to the difficulty of mutlithreaded applications and synchronization, how JCSP resolves some/most of these difficulties and how JCSP lets you create well organized and memory controlled applications. Memory and Garbage collection is one of the main issues in these embedded environments, and JCSp can also aid in this, by letting each process control its own memory waste. I would like to know if i am missing something really important that must be said at the JavaOne to promote the JCSP usage in embedded java designs, and inspire people on using JCSP in these environments.

Looking forward to hear from you,

With regards,

Richard Meester