Re: Objects, processes, and encapsulation

All,

What Peter said (about client-server being irrelevant to "active objects")
is just a single example of how complex, unnecessary categories have
taken people's minds captive.

Here's an opportunity I just found which I don't think is really off-topic:

RTLinux is a Linux RTOS which is almost our model. It is a deliberately
simple OS which runs Linux as its lowest priority thread. Communication
is by channel-like fifos (and shared memory). The design groans under the
POSIX threads definition but tries to be clean. Best of all, it is GPL
and therefore we could start a branch development that would really be
clean... It is extremely successful because it is very fast real time,
like high-priority Transputer processes. Search for it under RTLinux.

Larry Dickson