Re: Poison

Hi,

I do very much like Gerald's pragmatic viewpoint on the use of exceptions
to distribute "poison" in the Java-based CSP solutions.

I'm wondering about terminating subsystems.

Suppose you have got 5 central servers, and you want to shut one down
for maintenance reasons, so you poison it.  In that case, you do not
want to poison the whole network; you just want to shutdown part of the
system.

In general: How do I poison the right subsystem?

Maybe there are more than just the two tokens: POISON and RESET.
Maybe there is also POISON_KENT, and RESET_TWENTE, to avoid them to
either poison or reset eachother via the java-threads mailing
channel. :-)

Maybe poison should have a scope, a certain process for example...?

What do you think?
Cheers,

	Marcel