Re: Poison

My vote is with Marcel: I do not like the idea of an exception
mechanism, for the reasons he states, and also because it
violates "Occam's razor" in that the function can be done
by the existing tools.
   I think John has the right idea: it should be a higher
level option (like the old in line debugging for the
Transputer) thus preserving the purity and simplicity of
the language and avoiding Richard's objection of
complexity - since as you have shown, there IS a cut and
dried technique for doing it.
   Extra processes are still WYSIWYG if they are created
by a known technique using a known link-option.
   Larry Dickson