x2AnyChannels do not allow alting

Hello,

While reading the JCSP API specification, I noticed the
following in One2AnyChannel and Any2AnyChannel:

  Class *2AnyChannel
  DESCRIPTION
  All reading processes and the writing process commit to the
  channel (i.e. may not back off). This means that the reading
  processes may not ALT on this channel.

This is quite a restriction.  I can imagine that the following
(less demanding) restriction is also sufficient:

  If an ALT selects an *2AnyChannel, the process has to perform
  an input from that channel.

Is this correct?
If my suggestion is incorrect, I would like to know why...

Looking forward to an answer,

  Marcel Boosten

(ex CERN-employee)