Priority inversion and CSP channels?

I was asked how channels could solve the priority inversion problem. I can
explain the priority inversion problem in general, but with channels the
problem is a bit different. Adding a buffer may overcome this problem, but I
don't think this is as efficient as priority ceiling protocols? Am I wrong?
I did some literature search, but I couldn't find the answer. I could
implement
priority heritance in our CTJ semaphores/monitors, but I can't reason why
this would help. Can someone explain or give some references to papers that
explain how priority inversion can be applied for the channel concept?

Thanks,
Gerald.