Java for Embedded Systems Show, Olympia, London, UK (May 24-25)

Picking up from my in-box:

Copy from mail:

Greetings J Consortium members,

Please find attached a call for papers for the Java for Embedded
Systems event.  Thank you to Jeremy Kenyon, director of EDA
Exhibitions Limited for inviting us.  Our High Integrity Profile
Chairman, Brian Dobbing, Aonix has volunteered to be our key contact
for this event.  Thanks Brian !

Best Regards,

Wendy Fong
J Consortium, Chairman

- -- --- Forwarded by Wendy Fong/Cupertino/HP/US on 11/02/99 08:47 AM
--- -- -

Dear colleagues

Java for Embedded Systems

A two-day event alongside the Embedded Systems Show
Olympia, London, UK - May 24 - 25, 2000

Since our first announcement of this event, many of you have been in
touch with suggestions and encouragement. We have received around a
dozen nominations for a steering committee, so I shall be in touch
with news of meeting plans during this month.

We have now defined a Call for Papers, which is attached, and I hope
that you will feel free to pass it on to any colleagues or contacts
that you think would find it interesting.

Progress with the whole event is very good. Over 75% of the booth
space at ESS has already been taken and traffic through the ESS web
site has almost doubled compared with last year's event.

With best regards

Jeremy Kenyon

EDA Exhibitions Limited
63/66 Hatton Garden
London EC1N 8SR  UK

Tel: +44 171 681 1000
Fax: +44 171 242 5124

Java for Embedded Systems

A two-day event alongside the Embedded Systems Show
Olympia, London, UK  - May 24  - 25, 2000

Java for Embedded Systems and Real-Time Java are identified as key
technology topics in the embedded systems development spectrum.
The current search for a Real-Time Java standard, coupled with
explosive growth in the availability of embedded Java development
tools will make next year a pivotal time for communicating with
and training embedded system designers and developers.

The Embedded Systems Show (ESS) is the UK?s premier embedded systems
event, attracting over 3,000 industry professionals - the ideal,
ready-made platform for a high-profile Java event. The technical
sessions at the 1999 event attracted several hundred delegates,
with over 150 attending the Java presentations.

Submissions are invited covering all aspects of Java in embedded

Proposed main tracks of the conference programme will be:

-    The Java Language
-    Real-Time Java
-    Java development and test tools
-    Java hardware

Format of presentations will be a mix of 1 hour classes and 30 minute
technical papers.

Java for Embedded Systems is intended to give practical assistance to
embedded systems developers considering the use of Java in their
products or in their development cycle. Preference will be given to
material that relates to real-world implementation of the Java
language or Java development tools.

Reports from embedded system designers who have made innovative use
Java tools or methods are particularly encouraged.
It is anticipated that the audience will all have a reasonable
knowledge of C/C++.

In the first instance an abstract of between 150 and 400 words should
be sent for the attention of Martin Whitbread at:
Java Conference Secretariat

EDA Exhibitions Limited
63/66 Hatton Garden, London EC1N 8SR UK
Tel: +44 207 681 1000     Email: ese@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Submission of Abstracts. Before  January 31st. 2000
Notification of Acceptance       February 29, 2000
Programme Published              March 31, 2000

FOR MAIL LIST HELP:  mail a blank message to

)       Oyvind Teig )          oyvind.teig@xxxxxxxxxxxx ) Tel: +47 )
( Navia Maritime AS (          oyvind.teig@xxxxxxxxxxxx ( 73581268 (
)    div. Autronica )                                   )          )
(              7005 (               http://www.navia.no ( Fax: +47 (
)          Trondhem )           http://www.autronica.no ) 73919320 )
(            Norway ( http://www.autronica-maritime.com (          (