Re: A CSP model for Java threads

Peter and Jeremy

I sit here, in industry, without any FDR or FDR2 and read your very
interesting letters, pushing state of the art of Java CSP ahead.
Thanks for sharing these things!

There is a problem in getting this technology over to industry:
FDR is too expensive!

I want to learn from this as well! I know FSP is virtually free:
http://www-dse.doc.ic.ac.uk/concurrency/

o  Could FSP and LTSA have done the job for you, or is it
   only a "toy" compared to FDR2?

If it could, I could have tried your models! Wonder! No kidding,
FDR pricing is a serious obstacle to this techique and I want to
ride! FDR doesn't even run on MS-Windows!

FDR is at:
http://www.formal.demon.co.uk/FDR2.html

--

|        Oyvind Teig |          oyvind.teig@xxxxxxxxxxxx |    |    |