Re: ML for Java ? (fwd)

Hoi Adrian Lawrence,

> > I am writing a 30,000+ lines Java
> > program at the moment, and ML's advocates write things that are a
> > programmer's blessing...

> I wonder whether someone should whisper occam and Kroc at him. But perhaps
> he loves recursion including recursive data types...

Occam is a low-level language compared to ML.
ML is a functional language, and high-level.
But, admittedly, for CONTROL SYSTEMS, it's a bit too far off of reality,
and you'd prefer Occam.

Probably a bit of an intrusive opinion to have in this newsgroup :)

Groeten,

Rick van Rein,
	Spiritus flexibilis in corpore flexibile
--
"Whoa...I did a 'zcat /boot/vmlinuz > /dev/audio' and I think I heard God..."
Universiteit Twente * INF-3027 * Postbus 217 * 7500 AE Enschede * 053-4894291