[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Using Concurrency and Parallelism Effedctively
- To: P.H.Welch <P.H.Welch@xxxxxxxxxx>, "wagner@xxxxxxxxx" <wagner@xxxxxxxxx>, "wotug-com@xxxxxxxxxx" <wotug-com@xxxxxxxxxx>, "humaira@xxxxxxxxx" <humaira@xxxxxxxxx>, "java-threads@xxxxxxxxxx" <java-threads@xxxxxxxxxx>, "occam-com@xxxxxxxxxx" <occam-com@xxxxxxxxxx>, "humaira@xxxxxxxxx" <humaira@xxxxxxxxx>, "java-threads@xxxxxxxxxx" <java-threads@xxxxxxxxxx>, "matt.pedersen@xxxxxxxx" <matt.pedersen@xxxxxxxx>, "Oyvind.Teig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Oyvind.Teig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Using Concurrency and Parallelism Effedctively
- From: "Kerridge, Jon" <J.Kerridge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:04:03 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- Authentication-results: spf=pass (sender IP is 22.214.171.124) smtp.mailfrom=J.Kerridge@xxxxxxxxxxxx;
- Cc: Karin Jakobsen <khj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 11:05:14 +0100
- Envelope-to: ats@xxxxxxxxx
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: <occam-com.kent.ac.uk>
- List-owner: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe%20occam-com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe%20occam-com>
- Reply-to: "Kerridge, Jon" <J.Kerridge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: occam-com-request@xxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AQHP3JWN5UHE5uwfn0OnL3yH/mGlFA==
- Thread-topic: Using Concurrency and Parallelism Effedctively
I have just had published a book, in two parts, on Concurrency and Parallelism using the Java CSP libraries with, crucially, Groovy helper classes to make them much easier to use.
These are electronic books, available free, as follows:
Using Concurrency and Parallelism Effectively – I
Using Concurrency and Parallelism Effectively – II
The books have support software available from the same web site that contains the code of all the examples used and the line numbers in the book and the software match making it easy to use the book on an e-reader and the software on a workstation.
Comments gratefully received on the book web site
Professor Jon Kerridge
School of Computing
Edinburgh Napier University
Edinburgh EH10 5DT
0131 455 2777
From: java-threads-request@xxxxxxxxxx [java-threads-request@xxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of P.H.Welch [P.H.Welch@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 25 March 2014 17:05
To: wagner@xxxxxxxxx; wotug-com@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: humaira@xxxxxxxxx; java-threads@xxxxxxxxxx; occam-com@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Update on FG-MPI from CPA 2013
Alan Wagner (from UBC) has been trying to post the following announcement
to these mailing lists. For some reason that is almost certainly our fault,
it does not seem to have made it. Therefore, I forward it now.
Please note that the live talk this week is *tomorrow* - i.e. Wednesday,
March 26, 2014 at 12:30 MDT (which, if my googling is correct, is 6:30pm GMT).
Further googling indicates that the talk should be archived at:
but maybe only its abstract and slides ...
Thanks (and apologies to Alan),
PS. FG-MPI means fine-grained concurrent processing with MPI.
| Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 10:59:42 -0700
| From: Alan Wagner <wagner@xxxxxxxxx>
| To: wotug-com@xxxxxxxxxx
| CC: Humaira Kamal <humaira@xxxxxxxxx>
| Subject: Update on FG-MPI from CPA 2013
I just wanted to announce that we will be releasing a version
of FG-MPI (install package and source) later this week. It
will be available from
There is also a talk this week to WestGrid ("compute canada").
The announcement is on our website and also supposedly streamed live
at www.westgrid.ca/live. A direct link to the announcement is: