Re: Occam-Tau anyone???

Fred,

Nice idea. My only quibble is that the part you left out --- "alternation (external choice)" --- is the very top one on my list of priorities! The splitting into two streams is easy in bash (i.e. tee), but ALT-ing them back together seems to be impossible, and using different "number" streams was NOT successful when I tried to get two STDINs to work. Entities breaking on either spaces or on '\n' seem natural units for such "channels" to deliver.

Question (and I know I'm showing my ignorance here): what is the "aliasing" against which all the non-occam languages are unsafe?

Larry