Re: [pop-dev] Go - a new language from Google

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 1:31 PM, P.H.Welch <P.H.Welch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks!  Not too bad ... but the times for occam-pi on the same machine
> (what was the machine?) are?  ;)

Since you asked and I was working on this anyway for unrelated
reasons, here are the timings on my Intel Core 2 Quad CPU for both
sequential and parallel deltas:

With sequential delta:

Commstime(go) starting...
=============================
Last value received = 1000015
Time = 1580553 microsecs
Time per loop = 1580 nanosec
Context switch = 197 nanosec

Commstime(occam) starting ...
=============================
Last value received = 1000015
Time = 147243 microsecs
Time per loop = 147 nanosecs
Context switch = 18 nanosecs

With a parallel delta:

Commstime(go) starting...
=============================
Last value received = 1000015
Time = 2864646 microsecs
Time per loop = 2864 nanosec
Context switch = 358 nanosec

Commstime(occam) starting ...
=============================
Last value received = 1000015
Time = 208679 microsecs
Time per loop = 208 nanosecs
Context switch = 26 nanosecs

KRoC continues to win out against the competition, but these times
aren't that bad for Go, considering its maturity.  This is using the
8g compiler, for anyone that wants to try and replicate the tests.
I've attached the source I used for both languages if anyone is
interested in them or can note that I've done something terribly
wrong.

- Jim