Re: Transterpreter

Hi Iain,

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Iain Phillips <I.W.Phillips@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone know if the Transterpreter (as on www.transterpreter.org) is
> still ongoing.  I'd like to port it to some new embedded hardware, but none
> of the mailing list or contact links on the website are working.  If anyone
> involved is on the list please could they drop me a line.

The Transterpreter project is indeed still ongoing, and the website
has been somewhat a victim of a server move. A few months ago the code
for the Transterpreter moved to the KRoC repository at Kent's
CSProjects service.

There are a comprehensive set of instructions for checking out the
KRoC tree located at
http://projects.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/kroc/trac/wiki/Installation

The note under the heading 'The Transterpreter' is relevant to build
the TVM - you should pass the command line argument

--with-toolchain=tvm

to the build script to generate a Transterpreter tool chain. Hopefully
this will assist in getting started. Please feel free to mail myself
or others from the project if you need further help or have any
questions.

Many thanks,
Jon