Opportunities for CSP

I don't know if anyone spotted this post by Ray Simar of TI on EDN.

In it he talks about the problems of interconnect, and says that we need
architectural strategies to deal with it. Specifically he points out
that at the system level it should take into account communication
protocols and their implementation.

Although he is obviously pushing DSP type solutions, he points out that
some of the solutions may come about by going back to the past. If you
recall, TI DSPs eventually gained high speed serial interconnect in
response to competition from the transputer, then perhaps there are
other people in the industry who may be receptive to a rebranded CSP as
a solution to the problems.

http://www.edn.com/blog/1200000320/post/660009266.html?nid=2019&rid=1400
854740

With the great increase in security issues over the last few years,
maybe now is the time to put some emphasis on other aspects of CSP - the
ability to determine its trustworthiness - it is much easier for CSP
systems to be side effect free. I still find it incredible that so many
flaws in today's software are due to buffer overflows 35 years after
they were well documented in Unix - before most of the programmers
creating these buffer overflows were born.

TCSP - Trusted CSP - would tick a few boxes as a methodology etc for
developing trusted and secure communications - with the problems of
security being mainly in networked systems, and most systems being
networked these days, it is an ideal focus to leverage CSP interest and
development.

Best regards

Tony Gore

email  tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx
tel +44-1278-761000  FAX +44-1278-760006  GSM +44-7768-598570
Aspen Enterprises Limited
Registered in England and Wales no. 3055963 Reg.Office Aspen House,
Burton Row, Brent Knoll, Somerset TA9 4BW.  UK