RE: concurrency research "hot" again?

Interesting discussion. Firstly, I think that the objectives of
parallism, distribution and interaction should be regarded as distinct
topics. Secondly, I think that developing a new OS, like TinyOs or
Mantis - and using knowledge about creating OSs! - is certainly
something that will offer new insights. Thirdly, I think that the art of
programming itself has to change: 1. Robuustness in the form of parallel
code blocks that have the same functionality but are implemented
differently. 2. Robuustness in the form of self-modifing code. 3.
Robuustness in the form of self-inspecting code. Fourthly I think that a
solid theoretical background should combine at least some disciplines as
process algebra, scale space theory, information geometry and
cybernetics. Kind regards, Anne