RE: Intel: timely article

(I'm copying this to occam-com too, just in case there's someone that's on
that and not java-threads.)

I agree, Neil, about using "process-oriented" EVERY time we deal with
someone who may be outside our circle. Then, we can go on to point to a
subhead (like CSP, or concurrency-oriented, or resource-oriented - the
last is my own invention, I think).

Getting it out there: See my early submissions in my thread "Is OO a
deliberate fraud?". We are fighting against people who steal terminology
relevant to making our case, and then apply it to non-working
irrelevancies, and do so much more loudly than we can. Our target audience
suffers from sensory overload from all the conferences, forums, etc, so I
think the "broadcast" approach is, like dissuading a marching army,
foredoomed to failure.

What I believe has hope, and what I think Marc Smith and Tony Gore were
originally getting at, is PERSONAL CONTACTS... i.e. get a proposal
accepted somewhere, with Intel or whomever. I tried this with Sony and the
Cell, got considered but was turned down. Everyone else should peck away
on their own initiative (but reference each other!). If dozens of
independent tries are made, sooner or later one will somehow get through
the wall. We can then support that breakthrough. AT THAT POINT, our
technical superiority will hopefully lead to a snowball effect.

IMHO our tries should NOT water down our concepts or try to merge with
current buzzwords in order to get approval. That creates technical
monstrosities and project failures, and puts us back in the shouting
crowd, making us actually less likely to be noticed. We need to be
countercultural, but in a very coherent, goal-oriented way (and the idea
of pointing to code security is excellent as an example of that).

Larry Dickson