RE: Is OO a deliberate fraud?

> Just my small comment.
>
> I am a little bit amased by the discussion thread. In all honesty (and
> pardon me if I am wrong as I am not an academic) even this occam community
> seems to be heavily influenced by what is politically correct. (or does
> that
> mean: state of the practice ? Fortunately nobody mentioned UML yet).

Eric, we need specifics. Just what out of Fred's or my postings do you
object to as "politically correct"? No progress is possible without an
apposite critique.

I don't know about Fred, but I have always preferred to make things
robustly possible rather than forbidding them. Thus, the "wild heritage" I
devised in 1996 allows ONE instance of something deep-stacked or dynamic -
without fragmentation or unpredictable behavior. What the "wild"
programmers make of it is their problem. Inmos did the same thing with
their multilingual linking. It CAN be done correctly (witness TeX), as can
GUIs --- if said GUIs arepure interface programs without content, and
content is supplied accessible to command line scripting.

Larry