From: owner-occam-com@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-occam-com@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Allan McInnes
Sent: Tuesday, 13 June 2006 2:20 AM
To: tjoccam@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: occam-com@xxxxxxxxxx; java-threads@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: The world needs process-orientation

Quoting tjoccam@xxxxxxxxxxx:

> > So apart from making good business using COP
>
> Is there a good reason for using this acronym? Everyone else seems to
> have settled on "process-oriented programming". Unanimity, if
> possible, helps in being heard.

The term "concurrency-oriented programming" (or COP) has been widely
used in the Erlang community for a number of years. The term has since
gained currency outside of the Erlang community, and I have seen it used
in several different forums to refer to lightweight process-based
approaches in general.

Allan
--
Allan McInnes <amcinnes@xxxxxxxxxx>