From: owner-occam-com@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-occam-com@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ruth Ivimey-Cook
Sent: 12 May 2005 11:18
To: sjmaudsley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; 'Ruth Ivimey-Cook'; eric.verhulst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; occam-com@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: RE: STREP FP6 proposal

Stepehn,

The Evo case seems more to be a case of the absence of proper power management. There should have been a controller whose job it is to manage the power budget and ensure that essential services (itself, traction control, injection control, etc) are given priority over non-essential services (hifi, aircon, electric windows). Even a basic PIC could do that job!

And one might be able improve the parked case: why have half a dozen systems powered up so that the keylock and alarm can function? ... or does an alarm system take a good deal more than a few tens of milliamps to operate by itself. ....fx: search google... that said, in a 15 minute search I didn't find any car alarm specs that even mentioned a power budget. I guess that speaks for itself.

Regards,

Ruth