Re: .NET/Threads help request

P.H.Welch wrote:

Hi Ruth,

Quickstone ported JCSP to J# for .NET.

There is also Neil Brown's C++CSP that runs under .NET:

 http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/projects/ofa/c++csp/

Peter.
Just to clarify this; the VS.NET C++ compiler can be used to compile C++CSP into native code, and that works fine. I have not tested compiling to the .NET run-time (i.e. the .NET VM), but I suspect it would not work as is. That is, if C++ can be compiled to the .NET VM, given its complexities such as templates etc. Anyone else know more about C++ and .NET that could clarify?

Neil.