.NET/Threads help request

Folks,

I am currently employed writing a spec for a new .NET application that requires at least 2 threads, and I can usefully see scope for 5. These aren't worker farm threads, which is a pity as that's the only high-level construct supported in the framework. In fact, looking at the .NET docs on threading support they're still mostly in the dark ages of monitors and locks, and so I wondered if any of you have any suggestions.

In particular, it seems the .NET interface is quite close to the Java one, and I thought perhaps that one of the JCSP / JavaPP packages might possibly port to it fairly easily. (I can't justify the time for a hard port, but might do an easy one).

Basically, I would like to be able to treat .NET threads in a CSP-ish sort of way, especially with regard to using message passing as communication.

Any thoughts?

Ruth

--
Ruth Ivimey-Cook