RE: CELL processors considered interesting?

Hi,
I have been away for a fortnight hence the delay in responding to this.

I obtained details of the CELL processors from this web site http://www.blachford.info/computer/Cells/Cell0.html

My impression was that it is of considerable interest for parallel processing but compared to the Transputer concept it lacks the simplicity of architecture of the Transputer.  One aim of the Transputer design was an attempt to build a low cost processing block that easily scaled to a large network.  I am not sure of the need for a Transputer concept in today's market but this CELL processor is much more complex compared with the Transputer.

Regards,
Brian

This email is intended solely for the addressee.  It may contain private and confidential information.  If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone.  In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error.  Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University.
Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free.  This is in keeping with good computing practice.

This disclaimer was brought to you by a trial version of mxClaim from www.mxclaim.com