CACM - "Computation beyond Turing Machines"

In case anyone out there has missed this...

Peter Wegner and Dina Goldin argue that Turing Machines are an
inappropriate basis for modern computing applications and that a model
that accounts for interaction is urgently needed...

...and all the time I thought it was just me missing something...

They cite Milner (who made the call before) but sadly make no mention of
Hoare or CSP at all.

Ian

Dr. Ian Robert East                                 ireast@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
School for Computing and Mathematical Sciences            44 1865 484529
Oxford Brookes University
Wheatley Campus
Oxford OX33 1HX

Consultation hours for Academic Year 2002/3 Term 3
  To be assigned